Friday, January 2, 2009

God works in mysteries ways!

Good evening everyone!

Yes I am up very late but I happen to be a night owl! I was actually cleaning up and set down to take a break! I found 2 articles on Yahoo that really gave me some deeper insight into the walk God has recently started me on! First was this one http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/relationships/24191/dating-101-seven-things-no-one-tells-you-about-marriage and the next one was http://www.redbookmag.com/super-happy-couples-ll?kw=ist ! God used them to teach me so much that it was not even funny! My outlook on marriage has been so messed up that I have not even noticed the changes that I need to make in me and (as Jessi Duplantis would say) stickin thinkin! It is amazing how we see all that needs to be changed in our partner and yet don't see all that needs to be plucked and regrown in our own self!!!!

The first article talked about how things need to be seen as regular every day things and to get the fairytale idea out of our head regarding marriage! I am not saying that I am fluttering about thinking it will be perfect, but I didn't look at my marriage as there would be sameness everyday and I have to decide what I am going to make of those days! Meaning I can take it out on my husband (which I have done as of lately), or I can make it to be a learning day for me of what can I do for my husband!

The second article talks about the way you can build your marriage to be happy! Not 100% of the time, but as much as possible so when you go through the hard times you will have reserves to be able to get through and be made even stronger for it together!

Both articles were just great and something that I needed! I even felt the need to email them to my mom, aunt and best friend just because they can be helpful even if things might look perfect at the time! New things can help you grow no matter where you are at!

The words that are now stuck in my head and I guess you could say is my new year resolution, is what Dr Phil has said many times on his show. When he wakes up in the morning he thinks, "what can I do to make my wife happy today?" So from now on, I will be thinking "What can I do to make my husband happy today?"

You will find in life that sometimes the little things in life makes someone you love the happiest! If only we could all learn this maybe we would have a different way of thinking!

With my heart in His Hands,

Shauna

3 comments:

  1. God will help you grow as you look to Him for guidance. May you continue to seek to do what He wants in your relationship with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing what you are learning. i am always glad to be encouraged to move ahead and be more of the blessing God wants me to be in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shauna,

    What a great attitude, thinking about how to make your husband happy today! May God bless your every effort.

    Love, Hope

    ReplyDelete